Wednesday 7 March 2012

The Treadmill and I - Mini Challenge

My little sister is pretty amazing and works out quite a bit. She has lost a lot of weight in the past few years, not by following a strict diet but rather by actually working out consistently, and I think that's amazing.
She doesn't follow my blog, but yea, she is awesome :)

So on our first day of vacation together, I get woken up at 8am (after having pulled an allnighter the night before and then going to bed at 2am)... by my sister who is going to the gym. She asked me to go with her, and uhm... no. I don't go to the gym, let alone at 8am on my vacation.

Hearing her get ready though, idk I felt like I wanted to go, I guess I was awake and didn't feel like I could get back to sleep, and if she left without me I would feel left out, so in exchange for her making my bed, I got dressed and ready to leave.

First day in Florida... freezing cold. Stupid wind coming from Canada. I thought I had abandoned it back home but it followed me -.- Not too impressed. So in the freezing cold she insisted we jog to the gym. We jogged for a couple minutes in the complete opposite direction of where the gym was before realising... and then walked back to the house, got the golf cart and drove.

At the gym I did 10 minutes straight on the treadmill at 5 miles an hour... which is faster than the 5km an hour I would have done at home.

I know for sure in the next week and a half I will hit the gym again (knowing my sister) and I'm aiming to leave with 15-20 minutes non-stop on the treadmill...

Why is this a feat? Well when I was heavier I couldn't run on the treadmill or rather, I was very very afraid of doing so because of my really fragile and easily-sprained ankles. That and I was lazy :P

So only recently did I hop on a treadmill... my first time running on one was pretty emotional. So I feel pretty proud of myself every time I get on one and run.
Since I don't workout all that often I can't really build my run-time. I hope this week I get off my lazy butt and use my sister pushing me as an excuse to better myself.

I'll let you know how it goes. I hope there is a treadmill at the Hotel in New Orleans so I can practice. Wish me luck!

xoxo

1 comment:

  1. I've been ground running for a couple of months now and last night tried running at the gym on the treadmill and just couldn't do it... couldn't find my rythm to do the C25K right, so I just did a 10 min. walk at 4.5 mph and then did weight... went out and did my C25K run after dinner on the pavement... seems more pure or something crazy like that! I hope you're enjoying your holiday!

    ReplyDelete