Monday 26 March 2012

Oat Bran Gallette in the Consolidation Phase - Recipe

Look at that colour!
I want to begin by saying... I think I have finally perfected the oat bran gallette, finally, in phase 3 of the Dukan Diet.

You can read about my different attempts here.

INGREDIENTS

2 egg whites
2 packets splenda
2 tbsp oat bran
1/2 cup fresh berries

Now what I do is I pour out some egg whites and whisk it. Not for too long but long enough that it starts getting bubbly.

I then add the sweetner and whisk again, add the oat bran, whisk again.

Just until it's all mixed up.

I then take the berries, sometimes it's strawberries, sometimes blackberries and sometimes blueberries. Sometimes a combination.

I put them in the bowl and mush them with my fork. It's not about completely smashing them, just letting out the juice of the berry and mushing it a little. I then cook it like a regular gallette. So delicous. Really SOOOO good!

xoxo

7 comments:

  1. This looks delicious, cant wait to try it. Thanks for sharing xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. A savoury version is delicious too. I add chopped fresh herbs-chives, parsley, garlic- plus cracked pepper.
    Use a little more egg white to thin the mixture and make it more like a crepe.
    This can be a substitute for tortillas and pitas. Great when you feel like a wrap or 'sandwich'
    And wonderful when made into medallions and topped with n/f cream cheese, smoked salmon, capers and onion.
    MMMMMM!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know, that is such a good idea. I have such a sweet tooth but have never tried to make a savory gallette... You know what, I really should! That sounds REALLY delish! Thanks :)

      Delete
  3. You should take part in a contest for one of the highest quality blogs on the net.

    I most certainly will recommend this website!

    my blog post; Coffee Pure Cleanse Review

    ReplyDelete