But how could you follow the Dukan Diet, kindof?
To some people it's a complicated diet, and I understand that. Are there general guidelines you can follow to get healthy that aren't as severe or strict as this diet? Of course. Following the 'teachings' of the Dukan Diet, there are some alterations you can make to your lifestyle that can get you losing weight, although not nearly as fast as you would lose strictly following the diet.
If you were to follow the Dukan Diet, kindof, you would:
- Cut down on your carbs. Every couple days just cut them out completely. When you are planning your meals cut down to maybe only 2 slices of bread a day. Try to make meals that aren't centred around pasta.
- Eat out less. It is so hard to eat right when you aren't the one preparing the meal. It's hard to control what you eat, what goes into your food. Try to avoid eating out or eating fast food. Plan your meals in advance and bring lunches.
- Cut down on sugar. That means no pop, less dessert, less fruit. Skip out on juice, switch to sweetner. Make conscious choices.
- No deep fried. Just cut that out of your life completely and you will notice the pounds dropping.
- Seriously consider cutting sauces out of your life. That means no dressings, no sauce. they are full of sugar and empty carbs. I find that after months of eating salad with no dressing and only tomatoes and other veggies to add some moisture, I prefer my salad that way and don't miss dunking my veggies in dressing at all. I think you just need to change your habit. Use spices instead of sauces.
- When it comes to cheese, use sparingly and switch to low-fat dairy products. I don't find you sacrifice in taste by going low-fat or non-fat when it comes to dairy products.